Mario Garcia has been described as the most in-demand newspaper designer on the planet, but he never trained as a designer.
He talks to Upgrade Media about what motivates him, how news publishers need to rethink their formats, mobile first and what we can learn from children’s books of the 1920s.
Mario Garcia, who has worked on more than 700 news projects, is a senior advisor in news design at Columbia University’s Graduate School of Journalism.
Discover our podcast with Juan Señor about Premium content.
Discover also our podcast with Ezra Eeman, Director of Change at Mediahuis NV
◾️ We work for media and communicating companies to accelerate their digital transformations, evolve their organizations, print and digital products, and also develop team agility.
◾️ We hope this article and our other content inspires you!
Thank you for reading.
Keep up to date with all our news by subscribing to our LinkedIn newsletter.
- États généraux – the stakes, the State, and the state of the press
- Paid for subscriptions in the AI era: the hows and whys.
- Manage your content strategy for more performance!
- Vice, Buzzfeed, and why it does not signal the end of digital media – for you
- La Provence: the story of a successful transformation with Upgrade Media