This strategic note provides all the keys to understanding in detail the study based on the analysis of 40,000 headlines in 8 local media in Lyon. This study is reserved for Upgrade Media’s partners.
Why do some media get more engagement than others on Facebook? The aim of this post is to identify the levers of success so that you can be inspired to do better!
- Engagement is measured by the number of likes, shares and comments received by a piece of content.
The study covers 40,000 articles published by eight Lyon media outlets on Facebook: Actu.fr, BFM Lyon, Le Progrès, Lyon Capitale, Lyon Mag, Lyon People, Radio Scoop and Tribune de Lyon.
- The media with the highest engagement peaks are Lyon People, BFM Lyon, Le Progrès and Actu.fr.
- Significant disparities are observed in terms of median engagement: 107 for Actu.fr versus 7 for BFM Lyon.
- Actu.fr’s choice of content and formats are more effective than those of its competitors.
- Promises” are a lever of engagement for Actu.fr, but not for Le Progrès.
- This study analyses the 40,000 titles through 8 themes: “personnalités” (personaiities), “promesses” (promises), “mots forts” (strong words), “formats”, “guillotière”, “Darmanin”, “local”, “autre” (other). This note, reserved for our partners, details what these 8 themes are composed of.
- Finally, this note explains in the form of 5 key lessons, how to develop engagement around your content.
This strategy note is reserved for Upgrade Media partners.
👉 About Upgrade Media: Upgrade Media is a creative agency, strategy consultancy, training center and media transformation think tank, through its brand New World Encounters.
◾️ We work for media and communicating companies to accelerate their digital transformations, evolve their organizations, print and digital products, and also develop team agility.
◾️ We hope this article and our other content inspires you!
Thank you for reading.
📧 Keep up to date with all our news by subscribing to our LinkedIn newsletter.
- Design and editorial support: press
- New visual identity of the bank club
- Local news. 5 lessons to develop the engagement of your content
- “Integrating the new generation of journalists is an opportunity to reposition your brand”
- Video. Interview with David Sallinen, founder of Upgrade Media