Change, anyone can do it… but for what purpose? With La Dépêche du Midi, our mission was to change smoothly, in order to renew the loyal reader experience, while introducing new logics to facilitate the conquest of digital subscribers. A real challenge!
- Digital-first, a fundamental aspect of the change of formula
- Various changes for various objectives!
Why does the change of formula reveal the challenges of transforming the press? Because this work is at the heart of the transformation of products, whether they are print and/or digital, taking care of the expectations of loyal readers while at the same time conquering new ones. In this logic, digital-first is crucial: it allows us to better target the needs of digital readers upstream and to find, according to their expectations, all or part of this content in print.
Our digital and print expertise enables us to tackle these issues very effectively.
This is why La Dépêche du Midi has entrusted Upgrade Media with the task of renovating its print formula, taking into account, first and foremost, the digital imperatives.
Our mission? To guide the reflection, to inspire and to convince that the changes would enable a wide variety of objectives to be achieved for:
- improve the comfort and rhythm of reading ;
- to enhance the value of content such as the most beautiful stories, by creating dedicated pages or formats;
- Facilitate web-first content with different sizes, enrichments and processing methods (features, photo reports, decoding, etc.);
- rethinking the principles of front pages so that, in particular, each locality can better promote its work;
- better rationalise the use of formats, in order to help make more relevant and engaging choices.
The challenge was met: in October 2021, the new formula of La Dépêche du Midi was born!
About Upgrade Media: Upgrade Media is a creative agency, strategy consultancy, training center and media transformation think tank, through its brand New World Encounters.
◾️ We work for media and communicating companies to accelerate their digital transformations, evolve their organizations, print and digital products, and also develop team agility.
◾️ Check out our Upgrade Media website to learn more about our projects and approach.
◾️ We hope this article and our other content inspires you!
Thank you for reading.